Sunday, May 30, 2010

New Pack

I bought a new pack!

I had previously been rocking a REI Venus model from probably 2005 that I had picked up at an REI garage sale. It was never the comfiest, it rubbed on my neck and was pretty heavy, ~6 lbs. Plus, it was huge. I'm trying to go as light as possible on the camino, so I started looking into smaller packs for multiday hiking instead of extended treks, and I found this beauty:


It weights 2lbs 11oz. and is big enough to fit all the essentials, but small enough to not allow me to pack anything other than the bare minimum. It rides well, gives me plenty of airflow on my back (you should've seen the difference between Dan and I's backs after the hike we took this morning... I was cool as a cucumber) and plenty of storage.

This was also the first time I've used a Camelbak reservior instead of a Nalgene. Loved it. I could drink while walking and not worry about sloshing it all over myself. I used a Camelbak insulated 2L reservoir and I don't ever want to carry a bottle again.

No comments:

Post a Comment