Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Pre-trip Stress

I'm freaking out right now. I catch a flight in 6 hours and I'm nervous to take students out of the country. I've chaperoned many marching band trips, but never anything of this magnitude where I was in charge of so much.

However, I know that as nervous as I am, the kids are even more so. Just over ten years ago I was gearing up to take my first trip to Spain through the same program we're travelling with. I was so nervous and I returned a completely changed individual. I am so excited to see that again through the eyes of my students and to see them actually using the skills that we've been teaching them for years. It's going to be so amazing and inspiring for me as a professional. I can't wait. =)

After two weeks the kids will head back with my colleague and my husband will fly out to meet me. Then we'll head on to start the camino. I'm trying to put that out of my mind right now because I don't feel physically prepared at all. I walked 5 miles (not just 5K-we parked a good distance away) the other day as part of the Race for the Cure and my feet felt pretty good afterwards. I think they'll suffer after repeated abuse, but I feel like I've got a good pair of shoes and I'm as well equipped as I'll ever be. Now it's just up to me.

Wish me luck...

2 comments:

  1. We wish you luck!

    Love, Mom & Dad Barnes

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to living your journey with you through your blog. Best of luck, but with your determination I am sure you both are going to conquer the miles fantastic together. Dad and I love you both very much ~ Christal

    ReplyDelete